Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year and burrr!


Since we're having a real winter here in Edinburgh for the first time in many many years there seems to be a rush to post a snow scene image. Even the news media are calling for unpaid submissions for their pages and screens. How sad when the once mighty have to put their hand out.
And so I don't come across as the complete curmudgeon I thought I'd post this image of an Edinburgh bus on it's route. Those of you with a penchant for "what camera/exposure/iso" will be pleased to know that it was shot on my iPhone. And I must say it's a first for me as I've never been impressed with it's picture taking qualities. I particularly love the distortion of the buildings. Or is that the 100 year old bendy glass in my window? Bendy glass! Now there's an idea for a Photoshop filter.
Thanks also to my friends at Bohemia and Bohemia Life for reposting my Christmas image.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frighteningly, that is about as good as the iPhone gets :-))) I have always had Sony Erikson's in the past with BRILLIANT cameras and lenses, manual over-rides flash options colour balance and everything apart from full manual - then I moved to the iPhone and I find it totally USELESS unless you want arty or dead boring, yet everything else is unlivable without LOL - so I will never give up my iPhone but god I need that Lumix GF1 as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shot, love the mood no matter the iphone involved! :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing offensive please.